Ulla Kampmann Opstrup, MD, PhD
Clinician and Associate Professor
+45 2237 0857
- Pathophysiology and metabolism and diabetes pharmacology
- Children, youth and diabetes during pregnancy
- Glucose metabolism
- Insulin Resistance
- Gestational Diabetes
- Diabetes and Pregnancy
- Through my work as a clinician, taking care of pregnant women with diabetes, I have gained a genuine interest in glucose metabolism and insulin resistance during pregnancy.
- By use of intravenous glucose tolerance tests (IVGTT) and hyperinsulinemic euglycemic clamps (HEC) we have evaluated insulin resistance and beta-cell function in women with multiple pregnancies, and in women with gestational diabetes.
- In ongoing studies, we assess the development of insulin resistance during pregnancy in women with diabetes and search for hormonal and inflammatory factors that can explain severe insulin resistance in pregnancy.