Daniel R. Witte, MD, PhD
- Longitudinal studies
- Epidemiology of diabetes complications
- Family and social network impact on diabetes
- Screening for diabetes
- Risk models for diabetes and its complications
- My main research interest is in studying pathophysiological mechanisms which determine the transition from normal glucose control via pre-diabetes to diabetes and the early stages of its complications at the level of large populations.
- I have a special focus on longitudinal trajectory analyses and analysis of clustering of diabetic complications.
- My work uses data from several large longitudinal studies, such as the Inter99 and ADDITION trials, the ADDITION-PRO and Whitehall II cohorts, as well as routine medical and population registers in Denmark, which allow the enrichment of cohort datasets with data on the long-term consequences of diabetes and its clinical management.